Tuesday 19 May 2009

Blimey, its getting harder!

Hi blog readers.

Well its true, it seems to get harder and harder to pull those joggers on and shove my tee shirt over my head and slip on my trainers with a smile on my face. The very thought of doing any form or physical exercise is the very furthest thing from my mind. The vision that I have in my head is of my lovely short round red haired old nanny, bless her, who used to visit us with her bright pink thick lipstick (always took ages to rub of your face after the kisses) arms laden with bags of sweeties for us kids and a piece of chicken from the chip shop for the dog. Nan, how I miss those days!

You can see where I am going with this, right? That was a proper nan, a well round, plump nan. A nan smelling of lavender and tweed perfume, not this wonderful vision that the little stubborn one has inherited. He has a nan who looks,........ lumpy in her joggers, a pained look on her face as she faces the fact that nagging sister is on her way round to drag the lumpy bumpy old girl from her nice cosy armchair.

Nagging sister breezes through the door, loud, so very loud, I peer up to the heavens and wonder why that rain cloud is not emptying it self right this very minute. "Don't look up there, you, its not raining, and we're running" says nagging sister.....loudly. And before I had a chance to just make one comment we were off. Who's blooming idea was this anyway!!

Its a struggle, such a struggle, why does this not get any easier, is the question that rolls through my mind as we jog on to turn around lamppost, thank goodness nagging sister has not mentioned going further than this, and still the only enjoyment I have is watching nagging sister wave her arms wildly at and trying to run from the flying beasts, whom I regard as my army now, "ha ha ha" that was an evil laugh by the way. Nagging sister tells me all the latest goss as I listen intently looking to see if she is watching me too, just so that I can walk some of the way. I did manage at few walking paces but when nagging sister had to stop talking to draw breath she saw me and pushed me on. We arrive at the leafy "Dogs doing" ally and half way through here I can see turnaround lamppost, that's it I am just going for it, the sooner I get there the sooner I can get home, and I put on a bit of speed, which I must add seem to impress nagging sister, of course by now there is not a breath left in my body whereas nagging sister is only half way through giving me all the latest goss looking like she can do this all day long!

The jog back was uneventful, only now I was asking the rain not too come, it did look as if it would pour down, my house looked so welcoming, as I reached the last leg of our jog, of course nagging sister still insists we sprint this part. I tried with all the breath (which was just a thimble full left) to get there as fast as I could, "Keep going old girl, keep going old girl" was what I was saying to my self, "Come on faster, keep going" shouts nagging sister as she relaxes on MY wall, GRRRRRRRR

The vision that the poor stubborn one is greeted with is this wretched, black and pink thing, gasping for air with sweat pouring from her very pink face. Certainly not the traditional nanny.

No comments: